Astronaut II GMT
Setting the reference time:
To set the reference time, follow the steps in the order given:
1. Unscrew the crown and then pull it out to the second notch. The seconds hand is stopped, allowing you to adjust the time to the precise second.
2. Put the bezel in the neutral position (triangle on the bezel aligned with the 12 o’clock marker on the dial).
3. Set the reference time using the 24-hour hand by turning the crown in either direction. Setting the reference time also moves the conventional GMT hand (local time). For this reason, the reference time must be set before setting the GMT hand.
Setting the date:
Pull the crown out to the first notch. Set the date by turning the crown in clockwise direction. The GMT hand moves in increments of 1 hour. The date changes when the hour hand passes midnight, in either direction, after two complete turns round the dial.
Setting the local time:
Set the local time by turning the crown in either direction. The GMT hand moves in increments of 1 hour. Be aware of the difference between noon and midnight (the date changes as the hour hand passes midnight). Push in and then screw down the crown.
Adjusting the local time when travelling:
When travelling, to adjust local time only (without affecting the 24-hour reference time display), follow the steps in the order given:
1. Unscrew the crown and then pull it out to the first notch.
2. Set the local time by turning the crown in either direction. The GMT hand moves in increments of 1 hour. The date is linked to local time and changes automatically when the hour hand passes midnight.
3. Push in and then screw down the crown. The 24-hour hand indicates the time in the reference time zone and allows the wearer to distinguish daytime hours from night-time hours.
Setting for an alternative time zone:
An alternative time zone can be displayed by using the rotatable bezel and the 24-hour hand (which usually displays the reference time). To display the alternative zone , place the bezel in the neutral position (triangle at 12 o’clock). Then calculate the number of hours’ difference between the reference time and the time in the desired time zone. If that time zone is ahead (east of the reference time), turn the bezel counterclockwise the same number of hours. If the desired time zone is behind (west of the reference time), turn the bezel clockwise the same number of hours. The 24-hour hand read against the bezel indicates the time in the alternative time zone. The minutes are shown on the dial by the center minute hand.